If there’s one thing I regularly hear my clients feel is stopping them from discovering, building, or launching their business, it’s time. (I know, I’m already resonating, aren’t I?)
Even the most organized, optimistic, and intentional among us (🙋🏻♀️) may struggle with protecting and managing their time. Like trying to hold ice in your hand, the tighter you grasp, the more slippery it becomes. With this (truly awesome) metaphor in mind, I’m hoping this article can offer you some ease and peace of mind!
‘Cause here’s the truth: You don’t need to drop everything you’re doing to launch your business.
You don’t have to pick between motherhood/ marriage/ family/ hobbies/ eating/ sleeping and becoming your own boss. I certainly didn’t.
You don’t have to rent a cabin in the woods for the duration of the next season, disconnecting yourself from all technology and resources to make your dream biz come to life. (Though, this last one doesn’t sound too bad, especially during the election news cycle, amIright?.)
Really, you can make it happen even if you only have 15 minutes a day. And, girl, that 15 minutes can be flexible.
Here is a semi-comprehensive business-building list of what you can accomplish in just 15 minutes.
(Note: Depending on what phase you’re in, you may have already accomplished a lot of these! Hooray! Even more time!)
Start the timer and…
- Commit to your brand colors (Hot design tip: Try to keep it to three!)
- Choose your fonts (Hot design tip, again!: Try to keep it to three! Headers 1, Headers 2, and Body text!)
- Sign up for Squarespace or your web design platform of choice (but I always recommend Squarespace!)
- Research available URLs (I love namecheckr.com) and buy the one you want when you see it!
- Create a social media account
- Send your business launch email to family and friends to let them know you’re live, baby! (Swipe this draft to do this in 10 mins or less!)
- Set up a PayPal Business Account
- Price your offer(s)
- Draft your elevator pitch
- Firm up your elevator pitch
- Practice your elevator pitch
- Make a list of content topics you can post about on social media or write about in your newsletter and blog
- Identify resources in your network who might have answers to some of your questions (and use tomorrow’s 15 minutes to reach out to them)!
- Block off your business-building time (or 15 mins per day!) on your calendar
- Make a list of priorities for the upcoming week
- Give your accountability partner an update on you and your biz-status
- Go live on Instagram to promote your current offering(s)
- Draft at least 1 social media post (though I bet you can bang out at least 3 in 15 minutes)
- Write the first half an article or blog post (and write the second half during your 15 minutes tomorrow)!
- Draft or update your bio
- Design your business cards
- Identify your most productive working space (coffee shop, home office, library, etc.)
- Get your physical supplies in order and/or clean your workspace, and also know when you’re doing this to procrastinate and pick any other thing on this list to do instead
- Send 1 pitch to someone in your network
- Follow up with a prospective client
- Schedule a client consultation call
- Update the copy on one (or many) of your webpages
- Choose a Newsletter Opt-In Freebie and outline what it will look like
- Draft a loose content calendar including holidays, relevant observances, and business days of note
- Research networking events and put one on your calendar
- Pick a mantra and meditate on it
- Write👏 in👏 your👏journal👏
- Pick a launch date
- Send any outstanding invoices
- Update your finance spreadsheet
- Respond to outstanding emails
- Read a business-building article that is relevant to you!
Phew. Not bad, eh? Stretch it out, and get ready for tomorrow’s next 15 minutes!
If momentum is kind of your “thing,” I have the perfect program for you. Check out 90 Day Business Launch, designed to get you and your dream business up and running in just three months! We’ll talk over so much of the above, and more! Sign up for the interest list and get ready for early access and first dibs to this amazeballs group on March 13th. Now that I think about it, making that happen and getting that date on the calendar is the perfect 3-minute activity for today! 12 minutes are left for you…aaaaaaand go!