Last Thursday, I spent 8 hours sans WiFi in a basement theater with 139 other soul-sellers. I left with a train ticket (figuratively), an aerial map & the comfort that I don’t hafta be a Smoky Eyed Lady to make my business a success. Here – I’ll explain:
Us Soul Sellers also got some post-SYS prompts to answer, and I’m gonna put on my Big Brave Girl Pants and answer ’em here:
1. What is your Ugly Chair — the thing you need to burn + banish, to free up solid gold to move around in? My attachment to my Inbox! Seriously – it needs to go. Nothing really, truly important happens there.
2. How will you build non-negotiable time for meditation / dance / movement / cellular-level self-care into your day — every day? I know from experience that it won’t happen just because I put it on the Calendar (I like to ignore stuff like that when there’s more “important” stuff to do), but I’m gonna create a 30-min morning routine and stick to it.
3. Who do you need to get on your team, stat? An I need to step up my assistant’s hours, and get her in front of my clients, too. Enough billing and scheduling already!specialist? An astrologist? A coach? A virtual assistant? And are you comfortable with being a (beautifully) crazy boss?
4. When you catch yourself saying, “I can’t afford it,” what do youmean? (“It’s not a priority.” “I’m not ready.” “I don’t believe I’m worth it.”) “Be ready for the other shoe to drop – it’s coming!”
5. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, “You become what you think about all day long.” So — what do “Who do I need to get back to? Did a new email come in? Will my next session be a good one?” When I look at it that way, it’s so reactive. Time to be proactive about my biz (and my thinking!), Geez Louise Louise!think about, all day long? (And who are you becoming?)
Feel free to answer ’em for yourself in the comments (and it’s not even Tuesday!) or make it a post on your blog & link it back!