Yay! Desha Peacock is my guest for Episode 19 of Grown Up Gigs!
Creative Career Coach
Life & Business Style Coach
“I wanted to marry a rich man.”
I knew that my talk with Desha Peacock was gonna be the best as soon as she gave me that answer to my always-first podcast question, “What’s your earliest memory of what you wanted to be when you grew up?” We laughed about it together, and then we talked about:
- how she’s had 40 jobs in 26 years
- how she accidentally majored in Spanish at school
- how her time as a career development counselor led her to a TV show and a book deal!
- how she smooshed her main passion (travel) + interests (manifestations and intentions) + experience (facilitating retreats and learning) to found Sweet Spot Style
- the umbrella brand she created that allows her to stay true to her curious, multi-passionate tendencies while having a clear business focus and mission – and her main tip to help you do the same
- “what do people want from me and what do I want to give?”
- how you know you’re not cut out for being an employee
- what her day-to-day is like
- the tools she uses to keep her on track with time and project management
Click here now to hear about Desha’s “multi-passionate job I created” on Episode 19 of Grown-Up Gigs!
- Find Desha on her website, her blog, Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram – and go buy her book and sign up for her Mexican retreat, because Mexico.
- Listen to my husband’s podcast here, and his episode with me on Grown Up Gigs here
- 20 Jobs in 7 Years
- find out your Myers-Briggs type by taking this quick test
- B School
- this podcast is sponsored by branded.me, a platform for professionals to build a personal website in minutes
Make sure you hit Subscribe so you’ll be first to know about Episode 20, featuring System Strategist Val Geisler, on January 21st!