I love pretty much everything about my former client and dear friend Esmé Wang.
I love her decision to not to follow the norm in being a writer (i.e. “doing something unfulfilling to pay the bills while they were writing”).
I love how her public passion project turned into a job offer that aligned with her strengths and interests.
I love how she woke up at 4am to work on her novel when she had said full-time job.
And I most love how very transparent, honest and vulnerable she is about her mental health challenges, why it prompted her to start her own biz, and how she’s able to make her business work day-to-day.
You’re gonna love this interview, especially since it’s proceeded by a That’s A Career?! segment!
Links for All The Things spoken about in this interview:
- Win the Center Lovell Inn here and read more about it here
- D***s By Mail
- Johanna Basford’s site and FAQs
- The adult preschool’s site (it’s called Preschool Mastermind) and on Buzzfeed
- The Declaration of You
- Esme’s site, Instagram account, her Rawness of Remembering e-course and the offering on creating from your passions, Where’s the Electricity? (not free like she mentioned, but still amazeballs!)
- Modcloth, where Esme was a copywriter
- Grace Quantock, who works with entrepreneurs who have chronic illnesses
Next up on the Grown Up Gigs podcast? Katherine Gressel, Founder and Live Event Artist at Event Paintings by Katherine, on April 16th!