Ooh man – I’ve been hearing things like this all over lately:
“My parents/partner/peeps-I-love just don’t think I can make a living as a___________ (insert creative/entrepreneurial career here).”
“I can’t seem to convince my parents/partner/peeps-I-love I can really make money from ___________ (insert creative/entrepreneurial career here).”
“I’m ready to quit my job to do ___________ (insert creative/entrepreneurial career here), but my parents/partner/peeps-I-love are all telling me horror stories/think I’m nuts/explicitly telling me No Way.”
Click play below to hear how to get your family to see your work as legit (in 3 easy steps)!
Don’t see the video, or would rather watch it on YouTube? Here ya go!
Here’s a ton of resources for ya:
- Body of Work
- An Open Video to Those Who Don’t Like Hearing that We’re Quitting Our Jobs (& Following Our Bliss)
- Why 2 million Americans Quit Every Month
- Infographic: Only 22% are engaged and thriving in their jobs
- 10 Things I No Longer Believe About Having a Creative Career (& Being an Entrepreneur)
- An Effective Escape: Leaving Your Day Job Without Living In Your Parent’s Basement
- The Independent Workforce: The Rise of the New Economy
- 40% of Americans Will Be Freelancers by 2020
- The Recession is Bullhonkey
- How to Talk To Your Spouse About Your Scary/Exciting Career Change (in 3 Easy Steps!)
Did the video help you feel better at making this transition? Are you still having fears, challenges, or questions? Leave ’em for me in the comments below!