I’ve decided to do some weekly series on When I Grow Up: The Blog. Starting right now and being featured each Friday until the end of time, I’ll give you Freakin’ (Great Links) Friday. I’m still working on the name, but I love alliteration & couldn’t find anything better than “freakin'” to go with Friday.
Normally I’ll give you all the great links that I came across that week, but I’m digging a little deeper this time since it’s the first installment. Freakin’ Great Links, Batman!
- Check out Small Notebook on The Difficulty of Doing Less
- Kelly Rae Roberts, who I featured here, talks about Soul Week. Love this idea so much I’m going to look into when I can do it for myself (although it might have to be an abbreviated version as I have almost no vacation days yet!). And if I can’t love Kelly Rae any more, she talks about ditching the money & following the dream – a great big fat dose of questioning/inspiration to both myself and my clients.
- As someone with a lot – a lot! – of financial goals and not much knowledge, I also read some finance blogs to get some insight from “real” people who won’t talk over my head. Sometimes, though, these blogs ain’t got nothing to do with finance and talk about something like 100 Goals in 1001 Days, which I’ve also put on my To Do List. The Simple Dollar also posted just a while ago on choice: how it plays into your decisioning & what the consequences are. I’m definitely going to put it to use the next time I need to be a decider.
- Get Rich Slowly, another finance blog I enjoy reading, had a guest post on not only how to turn your passion into a career, but if you should!
- According to Carrie & Danielle, life balance is a myth – it’s all about proportion.
Happy reading – and Happy Halloween!