Sorry for the absence of Freakin’ (Great Links) Friday last week, guys! I was cemented to the couch all day after stuffing myself with Thanksgiving goodies. The computer was at least 6 steps away! What could I have done?
Here’s what I’m digging from this week & last:
- Wondering How To Figure Out What You Want In Life? Uh, probably, which is why you’re here (unless you’re related to me). Pick the Brain‘s post starts off with the question “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Duh I had to feature it here.
- Just Five More Minutes‘ admission that I’m A Recovering Unconscious Consumer offers a checklist to see if you should go to Unconscious Consumers Anonymous.
- Starshyne Productions spoke about A Home for the Soul, and how a home is a place where you feel safe. Confirmed that I’m a city girl, because being anyplace rural at night freaks me the hell out.
- Finding Contentment Where You Are Right Now speaks especially to those aching to buy a home and watching others do it around them first. I, personally, have no idea what Small Notebook is talking about. If it was opposite day.
- Oprah Talks To Daniel Pink is, yes, finally an Oprah post. I have to admit I have a tendency to stay away from Oprah, for no reason whatsoever except for the fact that if you stare into her eyes for more than 20 minutes at a time she can control your mind. Thankfully my client Sophie Hainsworth turned me onto this article about how the right-brained will rule the future. If you’ve ever been told “You shoulda been a doctah” (even if it wasn’t in a heavy Jewish accent) you should read this, too.
- And just for fun, I loved A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All. So I’ve only watched the first 15 minutes thus far. OK, you got me. But those 15 minutes were so great that you should get the DVD if you missed it. Or at least rent it from Netflix. And then rent it again next year. And the next. And every year at holiday time until infinity.
- And just for super fun, I loved seeing Lily’s full 50 Reasons to Have S*x – handwritten on a napkin – that was featured in the last new episode of How I Met Your Mother. 25, 30, 35 & 50 are my recent faves, but that changes on a daily basis.
For the other installments of Freakin’ (Great Links) Friday, click here.
Have a great weekend everyone! I’ll be back with a new post on Sunday that I’ve been working on all week, so c’mon back then!