Stay tuned next week for the post on Clearing Out the Attic (if the Attic = my brain) aka I-Got-Punched-In-The-Face-But-It-Got-Rid-Of-My-Anxiety-Because-It-Made-Me-See-Some-Crap-I-Didn’t-Wanna-See. Until then, here are some freakin’ great links:
- Looking to find something to be passionate about? Or maybe you’re looking for a new passion? Scott H Young offers How to Discover What You’re Passionate About (summary: do a bit of everything and see what fits!).
- Dumb Little Man offers 7 Steps to Zap Your Creativity. And he means “zap” like “boost” not like “shoot-you-with-a-taser-and-make-you-comatose.”
- My favorite post of the week came from Pick the Brain. As someone who has trouble sticking with goals that make me wait to see results (401K anyone?), Setting Goals for the Present, Not the Future helps you put your goal into the present tense. So instead of saying, “Eh, I can save money next year for retirement. I’m not going to see it for 35 years anyway!” I can say, “I better put money away now so I don’t have to work the rest of my life!” The latter seems scarier for some reason.
- And of course, the lovely Kelly Rae Roberts has to keep writing beautiful entries (I can’t describe them as posts, since I almost feel like I’m reading her diary). Buon Giorno shares her experience in Italy & also asks for assistance with moving to Seattle (anyone?)!
Here are just some personal things I’m loving that have nothing to do with coaching or personal development or creativity or any of that junk, but just make me happy:
- Wally Lamb has a new book! I loved She’s Come Undone but I loved I Know This Much Is True more. Read the first chapter of The Hour I First Believed.
- Um, this is a real person’s backyard. For real. I miss you, Hawaii.
- Keith Olbermann’s Special Comment regarding Prop 8 is eloquent and heartfelt, no matter your views.
- The Bloggess always makes me laugh. This post was my fave so far.
- This might be my favorite aerial shot of NYC. Bright lights and crookedness. It’s what New York is about.