Welcome to Installment 2 of Freakin’ (Great Links) Friday! And yes, I’m going to see how many photos of sausages are really out there in the world, so keep checking back!
This week a LOT of my links came from my twiends (that’s Twitter speak for Twitter Friends), so I added their Twitter handle in case you want to follow ’em. If you want a brief explanation of Twitter & why it’s so frackin’ awesome, go here to read about it’s awesomeness & here to see a video (in case reading isn’t your thing. In that case, thanks for stinking around here!).
- SmallBizBee posted Are Your Goals SMART? back in September, & since SMART goals (or SMARTY goals) have been invading my head recently, I wanted to add the link. You can follow SmallBizBee on Twitter here.
- Procrastination came up more than once this week via SmallBizBee and A Leap Across A Chasm.
- A Leap Across A Chasm has actually become one of my favorite new blogs, as Creativity Coach Dan Goodwin is “helping you be as creative as you’ve always known you can be”. Time To Create: The 1% Wake-up really puts things in perspective, even for non-creative related tasks and goals. Increase Creative Flow – How to Avoid Gridlock & Give Your Creativity the Green Light is all about…uh…increasing your creativity when there’s traffic on the expressway of life. Or something like that. Nourishing Now Wows is a great tool to help you put something (a goal, a task, etc) into plan NOW, & can also be applied to non-creative tasks (just replace the word “creative” with the best one that fits for your situation). I probably should have put Nourishing Now Wows in the procrastination bulletpoint, but that’s too much brain power for me pre-11a. Please don’t sue me. You can follow Dan Goodwin on Twitter here.
- I don’t talk much about productivity on this blog (at least I haven’t up until now), but it’s a big interest of mine. I’ve been reading a lot about Getting Things Done (or GTD if you’re cool), and even though I read the book years ago it never really stuck. Some actually use it as their religion though, so I’ve been thinking of taking the plunge and seeing what the story is. Organize IT has two awesome posts: Why Getting Things Done Rules! and Why Getting Things Done Sucks! So I can choose for myself, which is what America is all about. I also enjoyed Organize IT’s post entitled Fed Up? Bored? Frustrated? How to Make Time Fly By. You can follow Organize IT on Twitter here.
- Lateral Action posted on the Top 10 Social Networks for Creative People. It doesn’t seem like Lateral Action is on Twitter, but John Haydon is the one who posted it.
- Freakin’ (Great Links) Friday wouldn’t be complete without some Kelly Rae Roberts, who I assume will become a staple here. This week I just loved her post thoughts on perspective + italy. Her writing is both heart-breaking and heart-warming, but it’s only heart-breaking that she’s not on Twitter.
- My favorite images of the week go to Starry Night Over The Grand Tetons (which was posted/taken by Lisa Bettany), Fists With Your Toes and Cloud Over DUMBO (both posted by Gothamist).
I also wanted to make note that I updated the Stuff To Help Ya Grow Up page, which now includes some career books for creative types. I’m slowly going to start making my way through them & of course will post my thoughts here.
Oh! And you can follow me on Twitter here. Eventually I’ll get a little widget box of code-y goodness & my tweets will appear on a sidebar on this blog, but uh……I haven’t figured this out yet/made my husband do it for me.
Have a freakin’ great weekend!