As I travel through the Interwebs (as I’ve been known to do on a regular basis), I sometimes come across businesses that blow my mind with their existence. These businesses and companies are the opposite of what we’re told is possible, lucrative, or stable. And yet – here they are!
Get ready for some if-that-exists-than-I-can-do-what-I-want inspiration + encouragement (my favorite combo!):
- Mermaid Linden – Professional mermaid
- Bringing Death Into Life – End Of Life planner (and my client!)
- Roberts Music – Music thanathologist (playing music bedside to help ease that person into death)
- 6 Weeks to Handstand – Handstand instructor
- The Whistler – Professional whistler
- Brick Artist – Lego artist
- My Shreddies – Flatulence filtering underwear (<– for real)
- Marble Head – Foley artist (they make sound effects!)
- Laughter Yoga – Laughter therapist
- Bury The Hatchet – A place to go to throw axes
- Rage Room – A place to go to break things
- Bridesmaid for Hire – Professional bridesmaid
- Louse Calls – In-home head lice removal
- Mobile Pizza Unit – Pizza firetruck
- Need A Mom – Professional temporary “stand-in” mom
- Cuddle Up To Me – Professional cuddler
- Rent A Goat – Goat renter (for landscaping purposes – who knew?!)
- Potato Parcel – Puts faces on a potatoes and mails them out
- Sarah Cheese Lady – Cheese sculpture artist
- Brooklyn Cat Cafe – A place to enjoy your coffee with some furry friends!
- Ship Your Enemy Glitter – Glitter bomb distributor (mail to your enemies to make a sparkly mess!)
- Contest Queen – Professional contest winner and teacher
- Doody Calls – Pooper scooper and pet waste professionals
- Making Ideas Visible – Graphic notes facilitator (takes notes for meetings with mindmaps, illustrations and doodles)
- Paladin Deception Services – Alibi provider
- Send A Raven – Mail someone a personalized scroll just like in Game of Thrones!
- Warby Barker Canine Collection – Eyeglass manufacturer for dogs
- Rent The Chicken – Chicken renter (for those who wanna try before they buy, or want fresh eggs seasonally)
- Santa Claus House – Professional Santa-letter writer
- Hangover Helpers – Post-party cleaners (that include Gatorade & breakfast burritos to help with the hangovers)
- Turo – Personal car renter
- Daily Wake Up Call – Live wake-up caller
- Cake Rental – Fake wedding cake renter
- RunPee inventor – An app that tells you when it’s “safe” to go to the bathroom so you don’t miss the best part of the movie!
I bet your “crazy” business idea doesn’t sound so wild after all, now does it?
As the When I Grow Up Coach, I’m here to help you uncover your dream business and make it a reality. You can so do whatever your passion says you should do! Never forget — there is someone out there printing photographs onto potatoes as we speak.
Why wait one more second to get cracking? Frankly, we’re almost out of time! — the Discover Your Dream Business summer sale ends tomorrow! If you pop over to my DYDB page now to fill out an application, we can get started on the wild and exciting business idea you have rumbling around in that beautiful noggin and heart of yours *and* you can save $100. Don’t you want to be able to tell your friends and family, “Hey, remember how I always told you I was going to be a fairy house engineer/professional children’s book illustrator/new-parent’s guidance counselor? Well guess, what? I AM!” Click here to make it happen.