OK, I might have procrastinated on writing yesterday’s post, but this one is even MORE procrastination – really putting pen to paper to establish my goals & intentions & dreams & ponies & rainbows. Part of me wants to recognize What Didn’t Work, but I’m taking my own advice & only accent-you-ate-ing the positive! And because I’m super mean, I want to make others suffer with their celebration & good intentions, so I’m making this into a meme! That basically means that I’m going to tag 10 other bloggers (for 2010 – get it?) to do the same thing so we can all revel in our accomplishments & support each other this year with our intentions. I’m so bossy.
1. If you were only allowed to have 1 Intention for 2010, what would it be & why? I disclosed yesterday that my word will be “simplicity”, since I basically make everything so goddamn complicated for no reason. Whether I’m setting up a budget or making a To Do List or managing my time, I tend to make things super convoluted. The kicker is that I usually spend a super duper amount of time on something, only to abandon it a few days or weeks or months later, as it’s too time-consuming to keep up with! My life coach is smart & thinks there must be something of value for me to keep working this way, & I do agree. I know I’m A Planner & those details are key for me to get my thoughts down & clarify them. But now – now! – I’m paying attention to how detailed I need to get. For example, I have a million different ideas for my business that I’d love to do for 2010. Normally I’d try to plan out exactly when in 2010 I’m going to do everything, down to the exact day, & all the steps it would take for me to do it. Then, if I wasn’t able to follow through, I’d feel like a loser & would would grumble & pout when I had to keep pushing each step back to a later & later date. So, this year, I created 4 Tiers & assigned each task to it’s own tier. Tier 1 contains the most important tasks that I want to start or continue to work on (blogging, my newsletter, Twitter, group coaching, relaunching my website, etc) while Tier 2 is the next Stuff I Want to Start (teleseminars, in-person coaching, etc) & on until Tier 4. So I’m not even thinking of Tier 2 until I’m done with Tier 1! And if I don’t get to Tier 3 or 4 this year, then I won’t. It’s OK. Simplicity. I’m liking it.
2. If you were only allowed to have 1 Goal for 2010, what would it be & how can you achieve it? My one goal for 2010 is to leave my day job & coach full-time. I’ll definitely talk more about it after it happens, but I’ve had a plan in place since mid-2007 & the finish line is in view! That’s really my 1 & Only Goal for 2010. Once it happens, my goal will be to actually support myself with coaching full-time!
3. If you had to do 1 New Thing in 2010, what would it be? Will you commit to it now? I so want to take musical improv at The Magnet Theater in 2010, but first I’ll have to take the first two levels. But even first I’m going to take the free Into to Musical Improv class there the next time they offer it. I can so commit to that.
4. If you had to get rid of 1 Thing in 2010, what would it be & why? This is a tough one! Part of me wants to commit to not picking at my nails, but that seems so tough &, I hate to say it, fairly impossible. The other part of me wants to take it “easier” & commit to really cleaning out my closet once I’m working for myself. Anything I don’t like but that’s “good for the office” has to go! I have a feeling that’s going to happen anyway, so I’ll commit to The Scary One. If anyone has any tips (please note that I don’t bite my nails – I pick at ’em, so the stuff that tastes bad won’t work!) please please share!
5. What have you achieved in 2009? List it all! So many exciting things!: got my life coaching certificate after 22 months of classes; bought an apartment with my hubby & used our own two hands to make it our sanctuary (building a soundproof wall, anyone?); starting Spring (yay! I love Spring!) & got a kick-ass welcoming from the blogosphere; grew my business & worked with almost two dozen clients this year; started & completed my first group coaching session, which was extended by a month by the group’s request!; put together my new website, got a kick-ass designer, & wrote all the copy myself; started my newsletter & sent out 13 issues (wow!); widened my circle of friends, supporters, & creative souls by way of my blog, Facebook, Twitter & following a crapload of other blogs!; signed up for & completed the Blogging Your Way ecourse, led by Holly Becker of decor8 & allowing me to connect with even more fabulous creative souls (& fall in love with even more blogs!); celebrated my 1 year blogiversary & 1 year wedding anniversary(!); & instilled Me Time in my schedule & am actually following it! I’m sure there’s more, but that’s what I can think of now! How amazing is it all? I’m a braggert & it’s all super awesome.
Ooh, that feels so good! I think this actually really reinforced my 1 word by picking 1 Thing to Give Up, 1 Thing to Achieve, & 1 Thing to Eliminate – not to mention listing all of my wins! That list is pretty damn friggin’ spectacular if I do say so myself, & really helps me celebrate all The Good Stuff that came through for me in 2009.
OK, now it’s your turn! I love memes & can’t wait to get these answers out of all of these lovely bloggers:
- Jess LC of Makeunder Your Life
- Jess of Pecanoot
- Carolyn of A Beautiful Ripple Effect
- Maggie of Magchunk
- Emma of Emma Alvarez Gibson
- Aimee of artsyville
- Carmen of Carmen Torbus
- Jamie of Jamie Ridler Studios
- Laura of More in You
- Laura of Lolalina
If you’re not in the list above, don’t let that stop you! Post your answers to the questions in the comment section, or write it on your own blog & post the link in the comment section! I’d love love love to hear your wins & your 1 Thing!
Bring it on, 2010! I’m ready for ya.