This was a super-busy month, & I have to admit that I didn’t go a-blogging as much as I usually do. I thought I’d have a sparse entry for this week, but it must have turned out that I loved what I read, because there’s a lot of meat here!
Here are my freakin’ favorite links for September with some Aug posts, but I didn’t find ’em until Sept so they still count)!:
- Welcoming Back Our Creative Selves on Jamie Ridler Studios
- let it rain painting on 31experiment
- Swimming Lessons for Moving Out of Your Comfort Zone on Creative Every Day
- Tiny help & Cleaning day & Shapes on Color Me Katie
- What’s in YOUR Way? by Nicole J Butler
- sitting on a rainbow: by jess gonacha & i am magic on pecannoot
- You Are Not Happy on Ivy League Insecurities
- How does Art Build Community? & Five Things We Learned About Business From A Glass Artist on Intarsia Concept
- Destuckifying when the shoes are flying overhead & Ask Havi #26: What to Say to People on The Fluent Self
- Reducing resume clutter on Unclutterer
- Guilty Desires Unite on White Hot Truth
- let me try this again on Kelly Rae
- Are the odds in your favor? on a beautiful ripple effect
- Make It Dangerous or It’s Not Worth Doing on Warrior Girl, You’re a Warrior Mama, Now
I wanted to start including links to the most popular When I Grow Up posts for the month, & I have to say I was surprised to see that they were my two vlogs: Stress, Tears, Gratitiude & How I’m Really, Truly Doing as well as I’m a Fire Starter! Following closely behind were the last 2 posts in my Grown-Up Gigs series, Grown Up Gig: Creative Entrepreneurial Endeavor Developer & Grown Up Gig: I Wear Your Shirt. Guess I’ll be doing more vlogs & Grown Up Gig posts, huh?
I also have to give a super shout-out to two of my clients who have started/revved up their own blogs lately. Andi Whaley, the martial arts & running coach that wrote Aspiring vs Being, & Shunning the Non-Believers, started her Hit & Runners blog with 9 posts in 2 weeks. This girl means business! I have to specifically pimp her article, Play Date, which reminds all of us how important “playing” is for both children & adults!
Mike Cullen is a photographer who just opened up shop, & the colors & light in his photos of what “may or may not be flowers” are gorgeous. His blog lives here, but his photos live here, so check ’em both out. You can order his work here for as little as $11.00 for an 8×10. I’m so not a flower person (in terms of clothing/art), but I’m seeing his daisies as a collection in my new bathroom, although this one is my favorite. Loves.
I know I didn’t get to much reading in Sept despite the heftiness of this post, so leave a comment & let me know what you loved reading this month, or what I missed!