Y’know, I coulda sworn that I did one of these last year, but I searched and searched through my blog archives and found…nada. I found 2011 By the Numbers but only 2010 By the Month…ah well, what can ya do? Apparently it stuck in my head because I felt the need to take time out of my eating-chocolate-chip-cookies-for-lunch-and-watching-hours-upon-hours-of-Downton-Abbey schedule and look back on my year in this way.
I described this process in 2010 as “part memory book, part growth-chart of my business”, but without even writing anything yet I know that there’ll be personal stuff here, too. I think I need to see, on paper, everything 2012 consisted of – all my family has been through, all we’ve endured, all we’re fought against.
It’s important for me to reflect on it, to see it, to honor it, to share it, and, um, to link to it. No pressure on your end, though
- wrote and recorded The Cancer Card with the help of my man
- was super nervous to declare that The Recession is Bullhonkey, but it ended up being the start of a new series
- launched The When I Grow Up Clubhouse to, um, not-so-great numbers
- signed a book deal with North Light Craft Books to publish The Declaration of You
- interviewed as part of BrandKit’s new series on Classy Entrepreneurs (I tricked ’em good!)
- appeared on PsychCentral not once, but twice!
- did my first 6-hour session, which wound up becoming the offer known as my Extensive Intensive
- froze 4 Wardsicles in case schmemo left us without baby-making capabilities…so that happened
- had my 2nd lumpectomy, the results of which led to me writing and recording I’m Getting New Boobs
- started schmemo on Valentine’s Day (that was so romantic)
- wrote True Story: I Gave Up On My Dream for Yes & Yes
- offered An Effective Escape: Leaving Your Day Job Without Living In Your Parent’s Basement as a virtual workshop
- participated in Women’s Money Week, a 22-courses-for$97-and-25%-of-the-profits-going-to-charity “event”
- celebrated my 2nd entrepreneuriversary by hosting a live Q&A party on Vokle
- launched An Effective Escape: Leaving Your Day Job Without Living In Your Parent’s Basement as a workbook, and offered a special pay-what-you-can day to coincide with my entrepreneuriversary
- appeared as a Well-Fed Woman on Rachel Cole’s blog
- interviewed for Nourishing Our Radiance
- included in the free ABCs of Self-Love Guide
- endured my 2nd and 3rd round of schmemo
- appeared on the Career Clinic, talkin’ ’bout managing a career through a health crisis
- led Unveiling Your Uniquity (& How the Heck It Applies To Your Passionate Career) as a virtual workshop
- re-launched my Clubhouse
- last round of schmemo
- participated in The Secrets to Lasting Happiness event
- had a boobal removal
- delivered half of The Declaration of You to the publisher
- spoke with Tanya Geisler for Thing Finding Thursday
- included in What I Wish I Knew: The Guide
- re-re-launched the Clubhouse, new and improved!
- got in touch with my web designer and hired her for a refresh
- got to announce that The Boob Cancer is Gone, via Lucille
- took the month off of coaching, mostly
- appeared with L’Erin on SisterFire
- announced the start – and the winners – of The 4th Annual When I Grow Up Coach Scholarship
- attended The World Domination Summit in Portland and got my chance to sing/speak for the 1,000 attendees. Thrilling.
- debuted my super-new-and-definitely-improved About Me video!
- opened applications up for another round of my group coaching sessions, Operations!
- started and completed FastTrak GrowthVenture through the Kauffman Foundation
- started scheming with Tanya Geisler on what we’d wanna collaborate on together
- contributed to The Goddess Guide for Business Bliss
- submitted an application for SXSW with Danielle Maveal entitled Get Fired, Ladies: Stop Bitching and Start Over. Decided to turn it into a free, live event on Vokle:
- had surgery to get my gummy bear implants
- contributed to Invincible Summer and How to Tap Into Your Badassery e-books
- on PsychCentral for the 3rd time (thanks Margarita!)
- unveiled whenigrowupcoach.com 2.0!
- delivered the second half of The Declaration of You to the publisher
- got turned down from SXSW. It’s OK.
- spoke to Kate Swoboda about coach-y stuff to help celebrate the launch of The Coaching Blueprint 2.0
- led a team of 4 to raise over $17,000 for breast cancer for the 2-Day Avon Walk. I didn’t make it to the 2nd day (but I will next year!).
- announced that Tanya Geisler and I had something up our sleeve…launched the Golden Goodies followed by the Golden Rules and, overall, Golden Ticket
- part of the celebration of End Sex Trafficking day, since I contributed to the book
- became a pro-insurance voice when I called out Leo Babauta on his advice…man oh man, am I still steamed from that one!
- realized that The Declaration of You is totally available for pre-sale on Amazon
- worked through the Initial Author Review of The Declaration of You
- re-opened the doors to the Clubhouse
- announced that I’ll be speaking at the Spark retreat in 2013 (with Alexandra Franzen, Erika Lyremark & Dyana Valentine!)
- started the Golden Ticket program
- spoke with Laura Simms about protecting yourself as a solopreneur
- developed a reaction to a stitch from my September surgery, and went under once more. Not happy about it, either.
- contributed a Powerful Tip for your best 2013
- decided to keep my Clubhouse doors open, even though I said they’d close on 12/5
- booked a much-needed trip to Jamaica for my birthday in January 2013. So close!
I’m not gonna lie – I’ve been hard on myself lately. I’ve fallen into the trap I help so many of my clients escape – being “enough.” I didn’t make “enough”, I didn’t do “enough”, I didn’t try hard “enough”…but this? Everything above? It’s proof. Proof that “enough” doesn’t exist, that I was faced with ridiculous odds this year and still grew, still created, still shone and still thrived. And with my word for 2013 being Space, I’ll be setting myself up for more of the same.
Enough pressure. Enough crowdedness. It’s enough. I’m enough. And 2012? Enough!