Jan 26 2010

Tough (Question) Tuesday: What’s your next adventure?

bird

The Tiny Little Adventurous Bird by FreyaArt

Even with all the fantabulous stuff that’s been going on with me lately, I’m still feeling the agita as to whether or not I’ll “make it” as a full-time coach. So, instead of thinking of this as my Goal or My Life’s Purpose (ack! scariness!), I’ve decided to think of it as An Adventure. That frame of thinking – that my Goal isn’t the end-all-be-all-most-important-thing-of-my-life-ever – certainly keeps me focused on enjoying the journey, making sure there’s fun involved & seeing where these opportunities lead – which is what the Grown-Up (& innerpreneur) in me wants to focus on!

Join me in the comments by answering:

What’s your next adventure?

Ooh, I love this! Is anyone else thinking of themselves in a Western with a lasso? No? Uh…me neither – if it was opposite day!

TAGS:
POSTED IN: Encouragement for Everyone

15 Responses to Tough (Question) Tuesday: What’s your next adventure?

1. Michelle says:

Well, duh – being a full-time coach is my next adventure! If it's an adventure, then I'm gonna pack my bag with the essentials (& a cute pair of heels), make a general itinerary, & go on my way. On an adventure, you never know where the day will take you, but you always seem to have a great one! I love thinking of My Career like that – it makes sure the fun & excitement & fulfillment is there each & every day.

2. I love it Michelle! I am definitely going to try to use this perspective when I think about the baby. That's a big, demanding change that I sometimes find myself thinking of as this great big thing that I can't mess up. Instead, I'm going to tell myself that I'm starting the great adventure of parenting :)

• Michelle says:

@Thekla – Ooh, I love that! And just remember – you'll always catch the baby when it falls off the adventure horse (for some reason, everyone is a cowboy in this post today)!

@Carmen – My sentiments exactly! Not that I'm an overly serious person, but the quest of being a full-time coach has been such a serious one, even though I have fun with my clients & in my writing. How much funner (yes, I know that's not a real word!) would it be to see this as an adventure instead of a Calling or Purpose?! Love that I gave you (another?!) de ja vu moment. That's why we work so friggin' well together, woman!

3. Carmen says:

My next adventure is getting my business plan on paper…. and finishing a (long/rambling/kick-ass) email that I'm working on.

On a serious note, I love the idea of looking at life as an adventure as opposed to stating rigidly what my life's purpose is. My work (my dreams, goals, ultimate bliss) is at the core of who I am and really is my purpose, but getting there is the fun part and completely enjoying the journey is where life happens. I don't want it to pass me by… so bring it on adventure!!!

4. Carmen says:

Sorry to serial comment, but good lord woman, I don't believe in coincidences and I just popped over to the site you linked to (innerpreneur) and once again, I'm finding myself in the same spot, like dé ja vu. This has happened several times with people you've suggested or just in general since I've connected with you.

Big things are stirring…. thank you.

Mmmwhaaa,

Carmen

5. Carmen says:

The "another" will make sense you get the long/rambling/kick-ass email. :)

6. Nicole Marie says:

My next BIG adventure: Graduating College! But that isn't until May, so I hope I have smaller, amazing adventures along the way. Such as anniversaries, my 22nd birthday, etc etc. I'm really looking forward to the next 3-4 months!

7. My next adventure is very similar to yours Michelle—continuing on this adventure called art. I've been doing art full-time for the past few months, but am about to pick up a part time job to supplement my income. I'm choosing to see this as a new adventure, or a new part of the adventure of being an artist. I'm just riding the wave, taking the journey, seeing what will happen next. It is pretty exciting when you look at it this way—let the work lead you. Good luck to you!

8. Christina says:

HA! Knock Negative Nancy off your shoulder! She has NO right to be whispering whether you'll make is as a full-time life coach. You already are!!!

• Michelle says:

@Nicole Marie – How exciting! That last semester before graduation is always so exciting. Keep your eyes open for all the adventures you can have!

@Blue – You're so talented & have so much to offer, & am so glad to hear that you're getting a part-time job instead of just throwing in the towel. We'll take baby steps together!

@Christina – (Blush) Thanks much! Something happened today that made it even more evident is that coaching isn't what I "should" be doing, but what I "need" to be doing. It's where I belong – no Negative Nancys welcome!

9. rachel awes says:

my inner bird chirps happily after browsing your blog!!

10. Our next adventure is to get rid of most of our junk and move our family into an RV.. then travel around the country, teaching our kids on the road.. We plan to hit the road this summer, I am so excited I can hardly stand it! :)

• Michelle says:

Lisa, that is the most literal adventure ever! Ohmygosh, it's so awesome & scary (and BTW, I've decided in my old age that if something isn't both awesome & scary it's probably not worth doing). You better write about your adventure – I want to live vicariously!