I’m leaving at 5:30p EST today for sunnier skies (& a torrential downpour once a day at 3p) to be a part of my Dad’s wedding this Sunday in Boca Raton, FL. He liked it, so he put a ring on it (sorry, it’s my favorite song right now).
Here are my favorite posts of the week:
- I need to start with the silly & introduce you to the $80 book brush. What a small price to pay to be able to dust off the top of your books! If you love sarcasm as much as I do, you’ll love Unitasker Wednesdays on Unclutterer.
- I’m so excited that decor8 is starting a weekly Creativity Series every Thursday on her blog for 10 weeks, with a new tip each week. The first one is here, & don’t forget to comment!
- What does it take the succeed in 2009? No, not a 4 hour workweek, but Hustle & Patience. I’m glad Get Rich Slowly dispelled that other rumor.
- Every blog I read has blown up this week with the release of the book Career Renegade: How to Make a Great Living Doing What You Love. If you’ve read it, I’d love to hear your comments! I haven’t read it, but I liked the interview that Zen Habits had with the author, Jonathan Fields – especially because he truly believes that the money won’t necessarily follow if you pursue what you love.
- I found decor8‘s Career Advice for Creatives post from June, & had the feeling I had read it already. Then I realized I hadn’t – it was just such a similar story to my own that it felt familiar. Hopefully my story will have the same ending as Holly’s.
- One of the Top 5 Reasons I’ll Have a House Someday: to have a studio like Kelly Rae Roberts’. So what if I don’t paint? I have a business to run & need a place to sing too!
- Still feel the urge to declutter even though it’s 2+ weeks into the New Year? Small Notebook gives you the Top 10 Rules for Decluttering. Worth reading the comments, too. Also loved the Unclutter‘s guest post from Danielle (of Carrie + Danielle & White Hot Truth), as it’s the only one I’ve read that gets to my WHY of clutter: it was a gift from someone close to me, it was free, I hate this but need to have it until I have $ to buy a new one, “but what if I need it someday?”.
- Seth Godin posted links to new Twitter tools! I’m going to write a post next week about my Twexperience (sorry, it’s so hard not to do that when talking about Twitter) so I though I’d include this link this week.
- My former coach, Joanne Hunold, pointed me to the blog Escape from Cubicle Nation today. I wish I had time to read the entire Archive, but for now I’ll just link to Are Creative People Doomed to Scraping Out A Miserable Experience? Powerful, powerful, powerful stuff.
- And to end with the silly, every musical theater nerd out there should watch the Save Broadway sketch from SNL last week. For those of you who were a fan of Doogie Howser MD you have to watch this Digital Short, also from last week’s SNL. And in case you can’t guess, I’m in love with Neil Patrick Harris. For some reason, Luke is not threatened.
If you’re stuck in the cold & the snow this weekend, enjoy it with some card games, some movies, a bath or two, some hot chocolate, a pair of flannel pjs & a game of Monopoly. If you’re in a warmer climate then paint your toenails hot pink (like me!) & soak up enough sun for the rest of us. Have a great weekend!
You can access all the Freakin’ (Great Links) Friday installments here.